Agency Contact Information
Agency Head: Jason Nicol, Executive Director
Address: 330 Grove Street, DeKalb, Illinois 60115
The DeKalb County Youth Service Bureau, Inc. (YSB) ssists youth as they build healthy lives and relationships with their
families, friends, and community.
It’s vital to get youth the help they need as early as possible. The better we do this, the greater the impact on the child’s
education, their family life, and our community as a whole. YSB provides reduced-cost services to DeKalb County residents which means more people have access to the help they need.
Individual & Family Counseling
- Our caring and compassionate therapists work to help youth and their families through a variety of problems including issues such as school behavior, anxiety, depression, family conflict, parenting, self-esteem, sexual abuse, grief, violence, truancy, self-injury, homelessness, and crisis situations.
YSB offers specialized groups dedicated in the areas of:
- Girls Empowerment
- Anger & Emotion Management
- Parenting Classes
- Substance Abuse and Tobacco Intervention
- Youth Volunteerism
Specialty Programs Programming
- Programming for Suspended Youth
- Programs for Court-Involved Youth
- After-School Programming
- 24 hour Runaway/Lockout Crisis Intervention
The Youth Service Bureau has become a trusted social service organization in DeKalb County and as a result, we also offer community presentations to address any number of topics and issues facing youth and families. We present through schools, community organizations, churches, libraries, for-profit, and non-profit companies.