Township government prides itself on being the most local and open form of government in Illinois. In addition to the annual town meeting, where any registered voter of the township may come and participate in the meeting, we also allow for public comments at every meeting. Our meeting dates and location are available on this website, as are the minutes and agendas of past meetings. If you wish to make a public comment please see the rules adopted by the Town Board below.
- After the “Roll Call” of attendance and the “Pledge of Allegiance,” the next regularly scheduled meeting agenda item shall be “public comment.”
- Public Comments shall be limited to no more than 3 minutes.
- Public comment of more than 3 minutes may be sought by requesting the board to adopt a special agenda item at their next meeting or by submitting written comments to the Clerk for circulation to the Board members.
- The Township Supervisor shall control public comments to enforce time limits and reduce repetitive comments.
- The Board reserves the right to terminate any public comment that becomes hostile, argumentative, threatens the public’s safety or is disruptive to the meeting.
To request a special agenda item or to submit comments to be circulated to the Township Board please send an email with “Public Comments” as the subject line to email@example.com. All requests and comments must be submitted 48 hours prior to a meeting to ensure they received and processed. You may also mail requests/comments to the township at 2323 S. 4th Street, DeKalb, Illinois 60115 or by fax to 815-758-0124.