COVID-19 Hardship Relief
At DeKalb Township we are well versed in assisting people through their hardest times. We’ve seen people through financial devastation due to just about every circumstance you can imagine: loss of job, divorce, illness, death, natural disaster, and on and on.
We admit that financial hardship due to global pandemic is a new one for us. Our General Assistance program isn’t designed to accommodate such widespread need, so we went to work creating a new program to help individuals and families in need, even if they don’t meet the requirements of GA.
The COVID-19 Hardship program is designed to help take some financial burden off of our residents by ensuring that they have food in their homes.
How It Works
Relief is based on...
- Available Funding
- Number of Individuals in the home (up to $100/adult, $50/child, household max of $500)
- Assessed need determined by the application/interview by Township Staff
- Household may only receive funding ONE TIME per 30-day period.
- Grocery cards will not allow for purchase of alcohol or tobacco.
- Aldi or Schnucks cards will be given as they are available.