COVID-19 Hardship Relief
At DeKalb Township we are well-versed in assisting people through their hardest times. We’ve seen people through financial devastation due to just about every circumstance you can imagine: loss of job, divorce, illness, death of a loved one, natural disaster, and more.
We admit that financial hardship due to global pandemic is a new one for us. Our General Assistance program isn’t designed to accommodate such widespread need, so we went to work creating a new program to help individuals and families in need, even if they don’t meet the requirements of GA.
The COVID-19 Hardship program is designed to help take some financial burden off of our residents by ensuring that they have food in their homes.
How It Works
Relief is based on...
- Available funding
- Number of Individuals in the home (up to $100/adult, $50/child, household max of $500)
- Assessed need determined by the application/interview by Township staff
- Household may only receive funding ONE TIME per 30-day period.
- Grocery cards will not allow for the purchase of alcohol or tobacco.
- Aldi or Schnucks cards will be given as they are available.